We’re so excited to have you all come join us on Ocean Day (Tomorrow)! Here’s the latest:
The factsheets that will be delivered to every legislative office are now uploaded to the issues pages! Be sure to check out the the factsheets on Offshore Drilling, Plastic Pollution, Marine Protected Areas, Impact of Climate Change, and Beach Access.
Teams and Team Leaders have been assigned. You should be hearing from your Team Leader about which offices you will be meeting with.
Below is the schedule of everything happening on Ocean Day. To attend the Briefing by the Marine Mammal Center Executive Director Jeff Boehm or the ‘Shark Tank’ of Science Communication you must RSVP!
- 8:00am-9:00am Ocean Day participants gather: meet team members, enjoy coffee and bagels (Eureka Room, Basement Capitol Building)
- 8:45am Assemblymember Eduardo Garcia gives opening remarks (Eureka Room, Basement Capitol Building)
- 9:00am-12:0pm Legislative Meetings (Capitol Offices)
- 9:30am Samantha Murray swearing in to California Fish and Game Commission (Natural Resources Building, Room 1305. 1416 9th St, Sacramento, CA)
- 10:00am-11:00am Briefing by the Marine Mammal Center Executive Director Jeff Boehm (Eureka Room, Basement Capitol Building) SIGN UP HERE
- 11:00am-1:00pm “A Day at the Beach” Lawn Activities (East Capitol Lawn)
- 12:00pm Controller Betty Yee and Secretary of CA Natural Resource Agency Wade Crowfoot Speak (East Capitol Lawn)
- 12:00pm-1:00pm CSU COAST Luncheon (1020 11th Street, 2nd Floor, Sacramento, CA) MUST BE RSVP’d
- 1:00-4:00pm Legislative Meetings (Capitol Offices)
- 2:00-3:00pm ‘Shark Tank’ of Science Communication (1130 K Street, Basement Lower Lobby) SIGN UP HERE
- 3:00pm-4:00pm Resource Media Training (1130 K Street, Basement Lower Lobby)
We are so excited for tomorrow. Friendly reminder that we try to make Ocean Day a plastic-free day, so bring your re-useable water bottles and coffee mugs.
Looking forward to meeting you all.