Welcome to Ocean Day 2019!
This year’s Ocean Day will convey a unified message from the ocean and coastal community that we hope will inspire decision-makers to work toward effective solutions aimed at protecting and restoring California’s iconic ocean and coastline.
Join us in protecting our state’s ocean on Tuesday, March 19th in California’s State Capitol Building. Please RSVP to our event here and find out more about the history of Ocean Day, the organizations behind it and the issues we’re focusing on for 2019.
- To defend our oceans and coasts from offshore drilling.
- To preserve marine protected areas.
- To protect marine life from harmful waste.
- To prevent plastic pollution from entering our oceans.
- To remedy current pollution in our oceans.
- To minimize plastic use.
For a complete list of key issues from our steering committees, click here.